MobileMe syncing & iSight problem

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
eromalodi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

MobileMe syncing & iSight problem

Post by eromalodi »

Hi, I want to run the 4 pedias across my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro. I am aware that I can store the database on the iDisk and access it from both computers, but I am worried about having the information stored on the iDisk. Can the pedias sync with MobileMe in the way the iCal and Address Book do? So that, for example, I store the data locally on the Mac Pro hard drive and then any changes I make sync to MobileMe - then I can sync my MacBook Pro to pick up the changes and vice versa.

Can I just confirm that the same license can be used on both the Mac Pro and MacBook Pro?

Also - iSight scanning is hit and miss for me - is this common? Out of 20 attempts, 4 dvds have been successfully scanned so far. Sometimes the red lines go green, but it still doesn't enter the product details.

Thanks in advance,

ID
wrecksdart
Inductee
Inductee

Re: MobileMe syncing & iSight problem

Post by wrecksdart »

Hi eromalodi,

I've got the same issue with the isight camera entry--sometimes the lines go green, but I get no love in the LBC...er...I mean, nothing seems to happen. I've gotten the barcode right at the right spot and the lines go green for an extended amount of time, but nothing. Maybe it's the lighting--I've only tried it under artificial light so far. For what it's worth, my isight information is:
10/2/09 1:45:56 AM Bookpedia[13843] Name: Built-in iSight
10/2/09 1:45:56 AM Bookpedia[13843] Device: UVC Camera VendorID_1452 ProductID_34055

Frankly, I feel like I'm being lazy with wanting to use the isight camera instead of typing the ISBN in--but still, it's a neat feature that I'd prefer using.

Thanks Pedia People!

WD
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. 34055 is one of the latest cameras and we are still trying to tweak the settings to work seamlessly with the new version.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We uploaded a special beta version of the Pedias tonight with a completely new and revamped iSight feature. On our testing computers it's working almost like magic - so fast that one of our testers said: "It feels like the camera is just looking at my bookshelf and reading the barcodes off the books!"

If you'd like to give the betas a try, here are the download links: DVDpedia Beta 19
Bookpedia Beta 19
CDpedia Beta 19
Gamepedia Beta 19

Please let us know how that new iSight search works out for you. (As always, and especially if you have one of the very new MacBook Pros, make sure you have a lot of light when scanning.)